I’ve just returned to work after doing nothing big time during my holiday break.
My doing nothing big time holiday was just the tonic I needed after a very busy 2010.
My holiday activity/inactivity list:
- couch time – several hours a day – for medicinal purposes
- dvd’s – many foreign titles and the last season of The Shield
- television – basketball and channel hopping
- staring out the window (not for long periods of time)
- waking up whenever
- going to sleep whenever
- very little exercise apart from going to the fridge and returning to the couch
- no thinking or analysing – too much of that in 2010
- read four pages of a book – I didn’t want to strain myself
I definitely recommend doing nothing big time during holidays. I feel refreshed and raring to go for 2011.
But before I do that, excuse me, while I just go and lay down on the couch. I need to get over my withdrawal effects.