Here I am at BJ Seminars International world headquarters office reading an article on management training, the fishmongers way.
According to the article, a group of Washington fishmongers were so successful in their version of customer service that they formed their own training consultancy; offering management one hour sessions to join them at their Fish Market stall to learn how to throw fish and deal with customers.
Its got me thinking. Why not jump on the fish wagon and convert an American programme into an Australian one? After all, don’t we tend to follow the latest American training fad?
Hmm. Hang on a sec while I brainstorm for some Fish programmes that may work here in Australia.
Ah. Yes. Here we go.
How about these top ten?
- How to Be a Happy Fish
- The Fish Myth
- Just About Everything a Fish Needs to Know
- How to Overcome Negative Fish in the Workplace
- How to Interview and Hire the Right Fish
- Motivating Fish in Today’s Workplace
- 13 Habits of Successful Fish
- How to Deal with Difficult Fish
- Empower Your Fish
- How to Become the Boss Fish
Hmm. Enough of the fish. Its getting a bit on the nose.
What about chicken? Wasn’t there an American motivational book on chicken soup? Perhaps I could convert it into an Australian training programme?
These may work.
- Here Chook Chook Chook: leadership skills for the smart chook
- Old Chook Young Chook: keeping abreast of the generation gap
- How to Use Your Noodle: and make oodles of money
- Release Your Inner Chook: Pluck your way to success
- Super Chook: peak performance skills for chickens
Ooh. My brain is starting to hurt.
I think I will stick to what I know.
Footnote: First publsihed in 2004. Revised article.